Click on any of the providers names to learn more about them.  

What is a Urogynecologist and When Would I Need One?

Although your primary care physician, OB/GYN, or urologist may have knowledge about pelvic floor problems, a urogynecologist has specialized training in pelvic floor disorders and can offer additional expertise. You should see (or be referred to) a urogynecologist when you have problems of prolapse, and/or troublesome urinary or fecal incontinence or when your primary doctor recommends consultation. Additional problems for which you or your doctor might think about consulting a urogynecologist include: problems with emptying the bladder or rectum, pelvic pain or bladder pain, fistulas, and the need for special expertise in vaginal surgery, including the need for a revision or repeat surgery.
What We Treat:

At Princeton Urogynecology we specialize in pelvic floor disorders which are conditions related to the bladder, pelvic support and/or the rectum.  While some women present with one specific problem, pelvic floor disorders are often interrelated and it is quite common for women to present with two or three conditions at the same time.  The pelvic floor disorders that we specialize care in include:

Bladder Disorders:

  • Urinary Incontinence

  • Overactive Bladder

  • Painful Bladder Syndrome / Interstitial Cystitis

  • Difficulty Voiding

  • Recurrent Bladder infections


Pelvic Support Disorders:

  • Cystocele (Bladder Prolapse)

  • Enterocele (Prolapse of the Small Bowel)

  • Rectocele (Prolapse of the Rectum)

  • Vaginal or Uterine Prolapse

  • Relaxed Vaginal Outlet


Bowel Disorders:

  • Constipation

  • Fecal Incontinence



Follow Us

  • facebook-square


Forrestal Professional Center

10 Forrestal Road South

Suite 205

Princeton, NJ 08540
Tel: 609-924-2230
Fax: 609-924-5006

© 2013 by PRINCETON UROGYNECOLOGY. All rights reserved.

Find us